Only available while supplies last as a bonus item for The King of Fighters XIV is a collectible SteelBook™ emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight. The game marks a true evolution of the series as it makes its debut exclusively on the PS4 with series-first 3D graphics and obsessively streamlined gameplay. As a result, the SteelBook is the perfect collectible for fighting game connoisseurs who want to own a memorable piece of KOF history.
The classic 3 vs. 3 battle system is unchanged in KOF XIV and the perfectionists at SNK have made some notable updates to the fighting engine. From streamlining controls to improving the Combo and MAX Mode mechanics, the developers have worked tirelessly to bring hardcore fans and newcomers the most competitive, but accessible, game in KOF history.
- All 50 fighters, move sets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF's visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighterin SNK's history.
- There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game's launch.
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game's net code for vastly improved online gameplay. Up to 12 players can join together via the Online Mode.
- The game includes original Japanese voices, plus subtitles available in 5 languages, including English, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Mexican Spanish, and Japanese!