In 1992, the second game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, launched exclusively in Japan. Now, for the first time, fans outside of Japan will get a taste of this classic game on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is inspired by the 1992 original, reimagined on a grander scale. Every aspect of the Fire Emblem Gaiden game's presentation has been updated, along with the game being fully voiced. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia recreates classic Fire Emblem gameplay with a modern twist, mixing in exploration of dungeons crawling with enemies.
- A strategic mix of modern and legacy Fire Emblem gameplay, including permanent death of characters
- Explore new 3D dungeons in action-adventure style
- Fully voiced cinematics and story dialogue conjure up a stirring tale of loss and triumph
- Reimagines the Famicom classic, Fire Emblem Gaiden—never before released in the West
- Master iconic character classes; Paladins with heavy armor, airborne Pegasus Knights, bow wielding Archers, and more