The fifth main installment of the long-running Etrian Odyssey series is finally arriving! Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth chronicles the quest of a new adventurer as he or she attempts to reach the top of the towering Yggdrasil Tree. For it is said that whoever braves the dangers of the dreaded Yggdrasil Labyrinth and reaches the summit will have their greatest wish fulfilled...
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel: Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is about choosing how your own adventure unfolds.
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder: For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling.
- Epic Turn-Based Battles: Dangerous creatures and utterly terrifying FOEs—high-level mini-bosses, roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles.
- A Magical Art Style and Score: Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
- Language: The game features English voice-overs and English text.