Don Bradman Cricket 14 includes several new features and considerable improvements over past cricket games. It will be the first cricket game with a full career mode and a built-in player creator. Players will be able to save multiplayer games that are in progress, making it possible to play and resume entire cricket matches played online. There are new innovative control schemes for batting, bowling and fielding which all contrast to previous cricket titles. Manual appeals will be possible, as well as a decision referral system with virtual infra-red imaging. Batsmen will receive a vibration indication via the controller indicating edges. Players will be given the ability to walk or stand their ground both impacting the way the umpire makes decisions as the match progresses. Similarly, excessive unwarranted appealing from the bowling side will influence the umpire to make 50/50 decisions that go against you. Matches also contain a day/night cycle, a first-person and broadcast camera angles, dynamic weather, pitch degradation, and cheerleaders for T20 matches.
Batting and bowling controls feature full 360 shot controls, and innovative line and length bowling mechanics. The game focuses on watching the ball for visual indicators while batting, reducing for the need for pitch markers. The fielding system will allow the player to run down the ball and slide to prevent a four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to bring about a run out. Ball physics give realistic edges off the bat, as well as bat pad catches and ball movement off the pitch.
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets; Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
- Don Bradman Cricket 14 “The legend continues…”