In "Disney Epic Mickey: Power Of Illusion," gamers will play as Mickey Mouse as he infiltrates the Castle of Illusion on a quest to put an end to the evil witch Mizrabel's diabolical intentions. Players will be taken on an all-new adventure made specifically for the Nintendo 3DS where, "Reality Is What You Paint Of It." Created by critically acclaimed video game developer DreamRift, under the direction of Disney Interactive's Junction Point, "Disney Epic Mickey: Power Of Illusion" furthers the Wasteland saga by taking players on a completely new story and adventure.
Paying tribute to the classic Sega Genesis title "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse," "Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion" focuses on the fabled Castle of Illusion, which has fallen into Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions - and now forgotten video games. The evil witch Mizrabel, villainess from the classic "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse," finds herself an unwilling inhabitant of Wasteland, and unleashes a plot to escape using the Castle of Illusion to imprison and drain the cartoon essence from currently famous Toons. Players will take on the role of Mickey Mouse as he utilizes his magical brush to wield paint and thinner to confront Mizrabel and save the Toons.
- "Disney Epic Mickey: Power Of Illusion" offers a special drawing and painting function that will allow players to create an interactive world by using the stylus to draw objects in the bottom screen that magically transform into classic Disney-style 2D illustrations. Utilizing the game's unparalleled dual screen integration, players will then move their creations to the top screen where they are further transformed into beautiful, fully realized objects that pop off the screen in stunning 3D.
- Players will utilize the core "Disney Epic Mickey" gameplay mechanic of paint and thinner while playing as Mickey Mouse in an attempt to save classic Disney Toon characters.
- Players will engage in epic boss battles with familiar Disney villains using attacks involving the power of illusions to surprise players.
- Players will adventure through game levels based on animated Disney films such as "Peter Pan" and "Aladdin," as well as interact with beloved Disney characters.
- In between adventures, players can develop their own fortress by taking a small fort and expanding it into a thriving castle.