The unlikely but successful collaboration between Square Enix and Disney Interactive returns in Kingdom Hearts II; where a darkly-cloaked Mickey Mouse joins Donald, Goofy, and Sora as they continue their adventure into several popular Disney-inspired worlds. Battling against the Heartless once more, the dedicated group of friends now find themselves up against an all-new enemy threat -- a mummy-wrapped ruler of unknown origin. Also fresh to the series is a brand new meter known as the "Transformation Drive" that allows players to merge with other team members to create more powerful versions of themselves. New costume designs, improved camera controls, and the answer to lingering plot questions from the first game are also included. Developed exclusively for the PlayStation 2.
* Explore both new and familiar worlds from Kingdom Hearts, plus new Disney worlds to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Beauty and the Beast and Mulan.
* A more advanced battle system that allows for a wider range of commands, powerful new combos, and cooperative attacks with members of your party, introducing another layer of strategy.
* An all-new "Drive" command that lets Sora change into a variety of new forms, altering his skills and abilities.
* A revamped camera system that keeps you in the middle of the action.
* Brand new transportation system that takes Sora and friends from world to world in the style of theme park rides.
* Cameo appearances by popular Final Fantasy characters.
* A large ensemble cast of Disney characters and a new cast of original characters designed by renowned artist Tetsuya Nomura.