Downloadable Content Includes: 3 new multiplayer maps, Crossplay between the PC and XBOX 360, 4 new maps, 4 new characters, and 8 new weapons.
In Lost Planet, human snow pirates navigate VS (Vital Suits) through hostile ice-covered environments, fighting against the indigenous Akrid creatures for the precious thermal energy they need to survive. For one such pilot named Wayne, death almost seemed imminent until he was fortunately rescued. However, he can only remember a few fragments of his past including the slaying of his father by the monstrous beings. Yet under the veil of ice, a devious plot has been set into motion by NEVEC. What really happened to Wayne and how will his destiny become intertwined with NEVEC’s plans?
- Frenetic action - Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with
all the depth, intrigue, and intensity of a science ficiton classic.
- Xbox Live enabled - An array of online gameplay possibilities await:
- Downloadable content such as additional maps, missions, and weapons.
- Online multiplayer cooperative and versus battles.
- Foot and vehicle based gameplay - Command highly powered armed vehicles
and weapons, including transformable snow vessels, not only to help players
traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate enemies that lie ahead. Or,
strategically switch from vehicles to on-foot gameplay as dictated by the
- Vast environments - Snowstroms, arctic winds, towering buildings and
mountains of ice are all stunningly realized as battles occur above and below
ground, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- 11 pulse-pounding single player missions and 8 intense multiplayer maps.
New modes for single player campaign
- Score Attack – Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to
them, with the player being awarded
- different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
- Trial Battle Mode – Take on each of the game’s Bosses, one after another
- Off Limit Mode – Go wild with over-the-top, super-charged weapons with
unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement
New online modes
- Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your
opponents attempt to take you down
- VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent’s VS while
defending its own
- CounterGrab – The team with the longest data post activation time wins
- Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy
- Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring
them safely back to your own base
- Egg Bandit – steal your opponents’ Akrid egg, with points awarded for
longer capture times
Four new multiplayer maps
- Crossfire City – the wide streets provide an excellent opportunity for VS
battles, while buildings provide great cover for sharp-eyed snipers
- Area 921– Two industrial compounds located in a vast desert and linked by
an underground pipe
- Lost Arena – The central arena is ideal for VS pilots to act as futuristic
gladiators, while those on foot can use the surrounding grandstands as their
- Assault Space – Set onboard a space ship and its supply vessel, zero
gravity is sure to make for some interesting encounters
New playable characters
- Two female and two robot characters are added to the roster of choices for
online personas to choose from, bringing the total to 11
- 5 new playable character models
New weapons (human)
- Hand Gun – weak in power, but very accurate and easy to use
- Revolver – The expert’s one-shot kill weapon of choice at close quarters
- Flame Launcher – Uses thermal energy to lay down a wall of fire
- Hand Cannon – A handgun-like rocket launcher that is very effective
against VS suits
New weapons (VS)
- Pile Bunker – A long spike fires out at immense speed
- VS Rifle – VS-dedicated rifle which has the longest range and loses no
power regardless of the distance
- Rocket Pod – Shoot off a salvo of rockets to cause immense damage to a
- Laser Lance – Attack with a sweeping arc of devastation
- Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering mountains of ice are all stunningly
realized, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view from Resident
Evil™ 4 for even more intense action
Cross Platform Play
- XBOX 360 and PC users can now compete on the same battlefield