Created by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, Ape Escape Academy expands the popular Ape Escape series onto the PSP (PlayStation Portable) entertainment system. Family- friendly, Ape Escape Academy will feature ad hoc wireless functionality and more than 40 mini-games for players of all ages. The mini-games are arranged at random in a tic-tac-toe format that provides distinctive and unique game progression that allows for easy pick up and play gaming. Specter has failed over and over again in his attempts at taking over the world, all because of a few inept apes. To rectify his problem, he decides to form the Ape Escape Academy, where he, serving as principal, will train apes to follow his will. In this story-driven mini-game collection, players can work their way up through six school years by winning wacky mini-games. Be sure to keep an eye on your classmates – students they may be, but when it comes to trouble and disobedience, these monkeys are pros.
* The Ape Escape franchise, made popular on the PlayStation game console and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system expands the series as it debuts a collection of original mini-games.
* As one of the first party games available on PSP, Ape Escape Academy introduces the franchise with a whole new twist while retaining the fun and frenetic flavor of the
Ape Escape franchise.
* Compete in more than 40 mini-games including hockey, golf, dodge ball, karate and more, with a huge variety of game styles, each overflowing with frantic fun and wacky-humor.
* Featuring Wi-Fi wireless LAN (Ad Hoc) connectivity, up to four players with a PSP and the game can challenge each other.
* Unique Tic-Tac-Toe style interface provides distinctive and unique game progression.
* The Quick Game function allows for easy to pick up and play game mechanic.
* Players can replay the mini-games they have won, either to practice for the harder versions of that mini-game or to get a highscore.
* More than 300 monkey statues to collect as players go through their academic years.